Tuesday, May 2, 2017

EOC Wk 4: How do you answer embarrassing questions in an interview?

Interviews can be tough and for some a fairly enjoyable or easy process. However, there are those awkward moments or embarrassing questions that leave you stumped and not knowing exactly how to answer them. The important thing is to always answer the question and not evade it, but also answer the question in a way that does not implicate or make you look bad. For example have you ever done drugs before? This question should be answered like this: "if required I would happily submit to a drug testing and I promise you will be pleased with the results." Another, example would be are you married? An employer may ask this in order to see your time or schedule constraints, you can simply answer this question by saying "my marital status will not interfere with my ability to do my job." Another question would be are you gay? This is probably not a legal question, however, you can make light of the situation by asking "is that a requirement?" Some employers do need to know this based on the fact that they work with clients that gay or bisexual and they need to know that you would be comfortable and would hold no prejudice against the client. In this case answer like this " my sexual orientation will not interfere with my ability to do my job or work with clients that are gay or bisexual." Again, sometimes there is no right answer, rule of thumb is to be honest and be speak with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment